The Salomon family purchased the property on Yellowbrook Road in 1938. They originally operated a working farm with chickens, corn and other vegetables. As a family they shared a love of hunting and the outdoors which eventually led Eugene Salomon, Sr. to start a gun club. In 1954 the club originated on vacant land in Farmingdale, NJ. During the establishment and growth of the gun club, Eugene Sr. started his own business in 1964 selling components, shells, guns and targets out of a garage behind the house. After a fire destroyed the garage, Gene erected the structure which is now the gun store, E.H. Salomon Shooter’s Supplies. By 1968 Gene relocated the trap houses to the family property to become what is now the Howell Trap Club.
The two operations harmoniously cohabitated on the premises for over half a century. After generations, the property and businesses have been passed down and are owned by Eugene H. Salomon, Jr. Keeping family traditions of old fashioned values and strong work ethic, the decades long relationships with suppliers remain. The Salomon name is well known in the shooting
We pride ourselves on providing a feeling of family and comradery amongst our shooters and store clientele alike.